I’ve never participated in a book challenge before (which is crazy since I read so much). However, I’m really excited to join this one because I read dystopias on a regular basis and it’s probably my favorite genre of fiction.
The idea of the challenge is to read a certain number of books in this category within the year. I’m willing to include books I’ve already read this year so I’ve decided to try for the Contagion level of reading 15 dystopian books this year. Whoa.
Bookish Ardour apparently does this every year and I’m really excited to join in for the first time (even if it is almost half way through the year). I’ll be doing reviews on each book I read and I’ll indicate if it’s book I read as part of the challenge. Below is the list of books I’ve either already read this year or plan to read as part of the challenge. Feel free to join me on this reading adventure.
1. The One by Kiera Cass
2. Frozen by Melissa De La Cruz and Michael Johnston
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth
4. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
5. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
6. The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
7. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
8. Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
9. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
10. The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
11. The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa
12. Gone by Michael Grant
13. Hunger by Michael Grant
14. Lies by Michael Grant
15. Plague by Michael Grant
Well that’s the list. I feel confident I can do this before the year’s end. It’s go time.
4 thoughts on “Bookish Ardour’s Dystopia Challenge 2014”